The colour of the skin is made lighter by the use of skin whitening products. Melanin is a pigment that causes skin to appear of colour. It basically gives skin its hue. The purpose of skin whitening products is to make the skin appear lighter. The main target of skin whitening industry is to target the women of colour and our region that is asia pacific region is the most lucrative part of this industry. This region is most populous with respect to coloured people hence, this is the biggest market for the skin whitening products.
The procedure, which has a long history and various names, including skin lightening, whitening, and bleaching, has a variety of cultural origins depending on the region. However, colorism and the fact that lighter skin is often viewed as beautiful and having better prospects for employment, marriage, and social standing in many cultures are what are ultimately at the root of the trend. Discover all about skin whitening including Pro and Cons of Skin Whitening Treatment in Islamabad here.
Pros of Skin Whitening Treatment:
- It improves self-confidence and enhances self-esteem:
The skin whitening procedure plays a significant part in personality change, which boosts confidence more effectively.
- The human psychology tends toward beauty:
“You are highly qualified,” which denotes that you are attractive from the inside out, but what if you are also attractive on the outside? Yes, it will elevate your presence, and you should exert all of your efforts, but it is a fact that people are more tolerant of attractive appearances.
- It saves cost and glorifies your makeup nature:
If a laser skin whitening treatment is chosen, then the skin whitening procedure is a permanent way to improve the skin’s complexion. While the effects of chemical peeling or bleaching are temporary, lasers give you a permanent result that needs to be done by a skilled dermatologist.
As a result, you save money and do not need to spend a lot on cosmetics to improve your complexion. It is a cutting-edge technique that improves your makeup and adds beauty to your life.
- Minimal recovery time:
Skin whitening skin can irritate your face but not to that much extent that it will harm your skin. Hence, you may return to your daily life activities after 1 or 2 days. Microdermabrasion, glutathione injection, laser therapy, all of these do not require any specific time for recovery. You can use makeup after some time as the results are usually immediate.
- Treatment of various skin problems:
Acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and melasma removal can be treated easily with these products. You can use them on your face and eventually get rid of all the reasons of your low self-esteem and self-confidence. The discoloration is completely removed by these products.
This will help in boosting your lost morale infront of all the people. This is one of the first step in becoming the new you.
- Helps you look your best:
Even if you don’t give a damn about what others think of you, taking care of yourself makes you feel better about yourself. Applying your skin care products can make a big difference in how you feel, even if it only takes a few minutes in the morning and evening. Even if you only use the products out of pure self-interest, feeling and looking your best can lead to new opportunities.
Cons of Skin Whitening Treatment:
Following are some of the disadvantages of skin whitening treatment:
- These products can aggravate symptoms of asthma
- Weight gain is another major problem
- They may also cause to lose pigmentation of hair
- Eye infections and disorders are another important manifestation
- Allergic reactions on skin
- Toxic epidermal necrosis
- Steven Johnson’s syndrome
- Diarrhea and stomach problem
- Partial loss of sensation
- Pain in breasts
Treatment Options For Skin Whitening:
- The dark area of the skin can be improved with topical treatments like bleaching creams or skin lightening agents.
- Dermabrasion: The procedure with the name “dermabrasion” improves your complexion. However, the procedure could be uncomfortable.
- Most dermatologists and skin care professionals advise microdermabrasion as a cosmetic procedure for skin whitening. This procedure addresses a variety of skin problems, including dark complexion, uneven skin tone, and dull colour.
- Chemical peels: This procedure involves using chemical solutions to remove the damaged outer layers of the skin. You will consequently have gorgeously toned and clear skin.
- injections of glutathione The natural antioxidant found in our bodies is known as glutathione. This antioxidant guards against harm to our bodies.
- Avoid getting direct sun exposure on your skin.
- When you must be outside in the sun, it is crucial to use a high-quality sunscreen.
- regular use of prescription medications
- Scrub your skin sparingly.
Using skin lightening products on your skin is a personal decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly. It has a number of extremely serious side effects and no health benefits. Consult the best dermatologist in Islamabad at Royal Cosmetic Surgery Clinic to know about the advantages and disadvantages of skin whitening if you’re thinking about getting the treatment.