Mahendra Singh Dhoni (MS Dhoni Biography) is the hero of the Indian cricket team. Under the captaincy of MS Dhoni, India have won the T20 World Cup 2007, the World Cup 2011 and the Champions Trophy 2013. MS Dhoni is the man who has won many Saadi trophies for India, for which the entire India Cup will always be proud of MS Dhoni. He is also known as MSD, MS, Captain Cool, and Mahi. He is the best captain ever in the history of Indian cricket. He is one of the best cricketers of the India cricket team.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni is an Indian cricketer and former Indian cricket team captain who usually bats in the sixth position. He is a batsman and wicketkeeper. MS Dhoni was born on 7 July 1981 in a middle-class Rajput family in India, Jharkhand, Ranchi. He completed his schooling from DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi. And later joined St. Xavier’s College, Ranchi to pursue a bachelor’s degree.
But MS Dhoni could not complete graduation due to some issues. He started learning cricket at a very young age when he was in school. He played well in school and college tournaments and became a local star cricketer. From then on, he started his cricket journey and became the most successful captain of Indian cricket.
MS Dhoni Family:
MS Dhoni is 37 years old, born in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. His father’s name is Pan Singh Dhoni who was an employee of MECON and worked in the post of junior management and his mother’s name is Devaki Devi. His brother’s name is Narendra Singh Dhoni and sister’s name is Jayanthi Gupta. MS Dhoni married Sakshi Dhoni on 4 July 2010. He follows Hinduism and his zodiac sign is Cancer.
On 4 July 2010, Dhoni married Sakshi Singh Rawat (Sakshi Dhoni) after long dating. And they also have a daughter named Jeeva Dhoni. Prior to dating Sakshi Dhoni, Dhoni was in a relationship with Priyanka Jha, Priyanka Jha died in a car accident in 2002. Later, she was also in a relationship with a South Indian actress named ‘Lakshmi Rai’.
MS Dhoni is the most experienced player in the Indian team, having 14 years of experience playing for the Indian team. He looks quite mature and fit on the field. MS Dhoni measures 5 ft 9 in (175 cm) and weighs 78 kg (172lbs in pounds). Their body measurements are 42–32–14 inches. As a player, he is very cautious about his fitness. MS Dhoni’s chest size is 42 inches, west size 32 inches and biceps size is 14 inches. His hair is black and the color of eyes is dark brown.
MS Dhoni Career:
MS Dhoni started playing cricket from his childhood. Earlier, he was the goalkeeper, KR Banerjee was the man who asked Dhoni to play cricket and become a wicketkeeper. He played many local tournaments and went on to become a local star. Although he was playing really well for Bihar since 1998, he did not get a chance to play in the Indian team. He moved to West Bengal and was admitted to the post of ticket collector at Kharagpur railway station and continued his work for 3 years (2001–2003).
Finally, on 23 December 2004, he got his chance, starting his one-day international match against Bangladesh in Chittagong. In the same year, he was selected to tour India in Zimbabwe and Kenya, where he performed exceptionally well. MS Dhoni made his Test and T20 cricket debuts in 2005 and 2006 respectively. In 2007, he was offered the captaincy of the Indian team on the recommendation of Sachin Tendulkar and since then, he has elevated the Indian cricket team to heights. Under his captaincy, India won the T20 World Cup 2007, the World Cup 2011, the Champions Trophy 2013, and India became the No. 1 Test team and also remained there for 18 months.
MS Dhoni Records:
- He has scored most centuries, batting at the number 7 position in ODIs.
- He finished sixth in international cricket as a captain.
- He has the most stumpings in international cricket.
- His 183 runs are the highest score in an ODI cricket match.
- He has won most T20 Internationals as a captain.
- He is the only captain to score an ODI century while batting at No. 7.
- He is the first Indian wicketkeeper-batsman to score 4,000 Test runs.
- His 224 runs are the highest score as an Indian captain in Tests.
- He is the third captain to captain more than 300 international matches, following Ricky Ponting (324) and Stephen Fleming (303).
- He is the only captain to captain more than 50 matches in all formats (Test, One Day, T20).
- He is the first Indian captain to win a Test series in New Zealand.
- In July 2018, he set a record for maximum stumping (33 stumpings in 93 matches) in Twenty20 Internationals.
MS Dhoni Awards:
- MS Dhoni has received 6 Man of the Series awards and 20 Man of the Match awards for his performance in ODIs. He has also received 2 Man of the Match awards throughout his Test career.
- He has been named the ICC ODI Player of the Year in 2008 and 2009.
- In 2007, he received the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, the highest honor for sports achievement in India.
- He also won the Padma Shri, India’s fourth-highest civilian honor in 2009.
- MS Dhoni was awarded the Padma Bhushan, the country’s third-highest civilian award, on 2 April 2018.
Interesting Facts About MS Dhoni:
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni was born in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India to Paan Singh and Devaki Devi.
- His elder brother’s name is Narendra Singh Dhoni and an elder sister’s name is Jayanthi Gupta.
- He studied from school in DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir and then got admitted in St. Xavier’s College, Ranchi but had to leave the college.
- In July 2010, MS Dhoni was married to Sakshi Dhoni and her daughter’s name is Jiva Dhoni.
- MS Dhoni was in a relationship with actresses Lakshmi Rai and Priyanka Jha in her past.
- Dhoni is considered as the highest-paid Indian cricketer, with an estimated net worth of around $ 100 million or Rs 600 crore approx.
- MS Dhoni was a good student in his school and scored 65% in his 10th board exam.
- He scored his first century against Pakistan, scoring a total of 148 from 123 balls.
- In 2006, Mahendra Singh Dhoni was voted as the MTV youth icon.
- He won the ICC ODI Player of the Year Award twice in the years 2008 and 2009.
- MS Dhoni was awarded the rank of LT Colonel by the Indian Territorial Army.
- He is a very good friend of Bollywood actor John Abraham.
- He is a bike lover and he co-owns ‘My Racing Team India’.
- Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput made the famous Hindi film ‘MS Dhoni: The Untold Story’ (2016), which is based on the real-life story of MS Dhoni.
- In April 2018, MS Dhoni honored Padma Bhushan as India’s third-highest civilian award by the Government of India.
- MS Dhoni is a very talented, handsome, popular and successful Indian cricketer.